News Archive (2022)
- December 2, 2022
- November 18, 2022Azusa Pacific University’s School of Music presents the long running tradition “Celebrate Christmas.” The performance takes place on Friday, Dec. 2 at 7:30 p.m. at Lake Avenue Church, located at 393 N. Lake Avenue, in Pasadena.
- November 14, 2022 by Kyra PalmbushThrough her honest, emotional exploration of failure and play, Karen Hall ’09 combines two unlikely disciplines– classical music and clowning.
- November 2, 2022 by Nathan FosterA CSA trip to the Himalayas changed the course of Eileen O'Neall's life. After seeing the effects of human trafficking, O'Neall decided to start Creative Hope International, a nonprofit that promotes restoration and empowerment through the arts.
- August 19, 2022 by Peter CooleyHere are a few tips, featuring insights from current APU students, to help you thrive as you begin your collegiate journey at APU.
- June 6, 2022APU’s School of Music will host the 2022 Songwriting Academy, a part of the Angeles Worship Initiative (AWI), from August 20-21 on campus for musicians to explore songwriting in a creative, collaborative, and theological approach.
- June 6, 2022“You can change the world through your art. Even when it seems like no one is paying attention, sometimes people are blessed by our lowest moments.”
- March 21, 2022 by Nathan FosterDenney Premkumar ’22 has 33 brothers who use their musical talent to bless others at APU. Though they may not be related by blood, the members of Men’s Chorale have found ways to bring the APU community together.
- March 10, 2022“I realized the importance of cultural exchange, which helps people of different cultural backgrounds to learn from each other and build connections and communication in the global village where each individual is living.”
- February 25, 2022 by Peter CooleyStar Wars, Star Trek, I Am Legend, X-Men, Men In Black, Jurassic World—just a few of the many major motion picture scores that Azusa Pacific University professor Michael Geiger has performed on throughout his 40-year musical career.
- February 10, 2022 by Cynthia HoffDuffle bags and dorm rooms, sporting events and bonfires, crisp new books and old favorite study nooks—college life conjures up different expectations for everyone. But no one expected the COVID-19 college experience.
- February 9, 2022 by Stephanie ThurrottAdult students can use these five life strategies to earn a degree while working full time and fit classwork in around their other commitments.
- February 8, 2022
- January 28, 2022 by Peter CooleyThe satisfying feeling of unwrapping the perfect Christmas present or opening an anticipated school acceptance letter—APU alum Erick Quintanilla, had that same magical feeling the first time he opened a saxophone case in his 7th-grade band class.
Note: This information is current for the 2022-23 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.