News Archive (2023)
- October 3, 2023APU’s School of Music presents the long running tradition “Celebrate Christmas.” ”The performance takes place on Saturday, Dec. 2 at 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. at Lake Avenue Church, located at 393 N. Lake Avenue, in Pasadena.
- September 20, 2023 by Nathan Foster '20Withing six months of graduating from APU, Raphaela Lacerda was named the assistant conductor of the San Bernardino Symphony Orchestra and she was awarded with the Emerging Professional Award from the Association of California Symphony Orchestras.
- June 16, 2023 by Megan Wilhelm '23Mark Gasbarro has had a prolific musical career, including working as a pianist on numerous movies including Star Trek Beyond, Jurassic World, The Incredibles, and Up. He is passionate about passing his knowledge to the next generation.
- June 7, 2023 by Nathan Foster '20At just 25-years-old, Helena Mayer '20 has built a strong career as a musician. Her songs have been streamed more than 10 million times on Spotify and she performs four times a week for more than 9,000 followers on Twitch.
- April 26, 2023APU’s College of the Arts is headed to legendary Warner Bros. Studios for the annual Industry Spotlight on May 4, giving students in APU’s acclaimed cinematic arts, theater, art, design, and music programs an opportunity to showcase their work.
- March 23, 2023 by Nathan FosterJulia Stone loves her community in the School of Music. Through her experience as a music and worship major and a double-minor in honors humanities and theology, she has developed a worldview that led her to the goal of enhancing worship music.
- February 21, 2023 by Nathan FosterAfter graduating with her Master's of Music in Conducting, Beatrice Buob '03 moved back home to Switzerland and started a community Gospel choir called Happy Voices.
- January 17, 2023“If there’s something you want to do then go out and do it. As a student at APU, I was doing stuff I wanted to do besides just things I had to do, and that's what gave me the tools to do what I do now.”
Note: This information is current for the 2023-24 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.