For nurses who already have an MSN from APU or another institution, the School of Nursing offers post-master’s nursing certification programs, which allow nurses to obtain an advanced practice specialty.
APU offers post-master’s certificate programs in:
- Adult Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS)
- Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (AGNP)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
- Healthcare Administration and Leadership
- Nursing Education
- Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS)
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP)
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
Note: This information is current for the 2021-22 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.