Internet Acceptable Use
Azusa Pacific University's domain name (APU.EDU) and other University computer, network, electronic mail systems, communications, and Internet services exist primarily for the transmission and sharing of information for the University's purposes. The use of apu.edu by any member must be consistent with the mission of Azusa Pacific University and is subject to control by the University. The University will attempt to protect and maintain user privacy, but observation and monitoring of traffic flow and content/usage may be necessary at the University's discretion for security, policy, and other legal reasons. The end-user who originates communications and traffic will be responsible if the communications and traffic do not conform to this or any other University policy.
- Respect the privacy of others. For example, users shall not intentionally seek information on, obtain copies of, or modify files belonging to other users.
- Only use your own account and password; never misrepresent yourself as another user.
- Do not let others use your login and password to the APU network, email or computers.
- Respect the legal protection provided by copyright and licenses to programs and data.
- Respect the integrity of apu.edu so as not to interfere with or disrupt network users, services, or equipment. Interference or disruption includes, but is not limited to, distribution of unsolicited advertising, propagation of computer viruses, and use of the network to make unauthorized entry into other computational, communications, or information devices or resources.
- Use as a vehicle for scholarly or University-related communications.
- Use in applying for or administering grants or contracts for research or instruction.
- Use in activities of research or direct support for instruction.
- Use must be consistent with University standards as defined in its publications.
- Use of apu.edu or any other University computing resources for illegal purposes.
- Use of apu.edu or any other University computing resources to transmit or receive threatening, obscene, or harassing materials.
- Sending unsolicited advertising.
- Use for personal for-profit business is not permitted.
- Use of the network by employees for entertainment and recreational games is not acceptable during business hours. (Generally between the hours of 7am to 10 pm)
Enforcement and Violations
Action may be taken by system management, and is subject to the guidance and authority of the Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO), to prevent possible unauthorized activity by temporarily deactivating any member. Reasonable efforts will be made to inform the member prior to disconnection and to re-establish the connection as soon as an acceptable understanding has been reached. Any disciplinary action deemed necessary will be handled through the normal channels as explained and set forth in the, student, employee or faculty handbooks.