Katie McCoy-Hill, RN, MSN, CNS, ANP-C
Phone: (626) 815-5396
Catherine McCoy-Hill is a clinical expert in adult health and critical care nursing. She holds certification as a Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN), Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), and Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP-C). Areas of publication and presentations include: Family centered critical care nursing, psychosocial and spiritual needs of patients and families facing critical illness, and end of life care. Her research interests include adult health and wellness, and management of patients with end stage liver disease. At APU, she serves as a professional studies representative to the University General Education Council, and as Senior Team Leader, Baccalaureate Council member, and Curriculum Committee member for the School of Nursing. As a master teacher McCoy-Hill is engaging in the classroom, and is dedicated to teaching students at the bedside; she has received several outstanding nurse educator awards from her students. As a designated Medical-Surgical Content Expert in the School of Nursing, her focus is on evidence-based practice in nursing curricula.
- 2005 Adult Nurse Practitioner, Post Masters Adult Nurse Practitioner Program, Azusa Pacific University, Azusa, CA.
- 1986 Master of Science in Nursing, Functional Area: Nursing Education Clinical Specialization: Adult Nursing, California State University, Los Angeles, CA.
- 1979 Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Senior Year Option in Critical Care Nursing, California State University, Los Angeles, CA.
- 1975 Associate Degree in Nursing, Mount St. Mary's College, Los Angeles, CA.
- Registered Nurse, State of California
- Adult Nurse Practitioner (AANP Certification)
- Clinical Nurse Specialist, State of California
- Public Health Nurse, State of California
- CCRN Certification (AACN Certification)
- Basic Life Support and Advanced Life Support Provider Certification
- Community College Teaching Credential
- School of Nursing
- Undergraduate Programs
- Adult Critical Care (CCRN)
- Adult/Gerontology (CNS)
- Adult Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Adult Primary Health Care (NP)
- Hepatology/Liver Disease (NP)