News Archive (2020)
- July 23, 2020 by Heather NelsonAmid the COVID-19 pandemic, individuals with a background in nursing or social work can make ideal contact tracers. Here’s insight into why and how.
- July 16, 2020 by Stephanie ThurrottThinking of attending graduate school? Excellent! You can connect virtually with many great resources and complete your graduate school application online.
- July 7, 2020 by Tobin PerryChoosing a career path is always important—but even more so during a crisis. Here are five majors to consider if you want to serve in the helping professions in times of need.
- July 2, 2020Learn more about Azar-Chaaya's recent publication.
- May 12, 2020The new APU and PCC joint enrollment program will quickly produce high-quality nurses to meet state demand.
- April 30, 2020Learn more about Nam's recent publication.
- April 16, 2020 by Heather NelsonIf you’re currently a nurse and feel ready to lead, a master’s in nursing could be a key step in advancing your career. Here’s more insight.
- April 2, 2020 by Evelyn AllenMaster of Public Health students at APU were in the middle of their spring semester when the Coronavirus crisis meant their learning suddenly took on even more immediate relevance.
- April 1, 2020 by Morgan RogersFind free resources and virtual tools to use as you complete your online classes during COVID-19.
- March 27, 2020 by Evelyn AllenFor many of us, the Coronavirus may be our first experience with a serious pandemic response. Read more about how a highly trained public health expert is managing the COVID-19 crisis in her own home.
- March 23, 2020Learn more about Ringo's recent publication.
- March 19, 2020 by Ana FelceCurious to know what it’s like as a first-generation graduate student? Hear from grad students who were first in their families to pursue this next level of higher education.
- March 13, 2020 by Anna Cayot ’20 and Evelyn Allen, M.S. ’19As a college student, you may be experiencing a sudden transition into online classes. If you are accustomed to taking classes in-person, there are many ways to make the shift to online courses easier.
- March 9, 2020 by Abigail ReedWhether ministering to patients just entering the world or nearing the end of life, Michelle and Tony Rosas work with compassion and purpose, rigorously trained through APU's Entry-Level Master’s in Nursing (ELM) program.
- February 20, 2020 by Stephanie ThurrottTransitioning from the exploratory freshman year to the sophomore year of college can be a little challenging. Here are six tips that can help you succeed.
- February 18, 2020 by Ben KissamThe end is in sight—you’re about to graduate from college! Here are five graduation questions to focus on to help you prepare for the next step.
- January 23, 2020 by Ashley EnerizA Master of Public Health degree can transform how individuals react during emergency situations and enable them to offer vital relief to those affected.
Note: This information is current for the 2020-21 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.