First-year Undergraduate Student Admission Requirements
The following admission requirements apply to students currently enrolled in high school or who have earned fewer than 28 units of college credit following high school graduation. If you have earned more than 28 units, please see the transfer student requirements.
- Completed application for admission, Statement of Agreement with Institutional Policy, and Personal Statement
- $45 nonrefundable application fee
- Official high school transcripts
The applicant is responsible for requesting that official transcripts* be sent from the high school from which he/she graduated (or is currently attending) and each college he/she has attended to the Office of International Enrollment Services.
Please mail your official transcripts to:
Office of International Enrollment Services
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000
*Official transcripts are sealed by the high school or college and mailed directly or hand-carried to Azusa Pacific University.
- SAT or ACT scores (optional for international students)
- Freshman applicants are highly encouraged to submit scores from the ACT or SAT I. Scores may positively affect student’s academic merit scholarship award.
- Official TOEFL (80 iBT) or IELTS (6.0) score
- All international applicants must provide proof of English proficiency, please review APU’s English Proficiency requirements for ways to provide English proficiency without a TOEFL or IELTS score. For a TOEFL score report, use APU’s school code of 4596 to request the report to be sent to APU. Please note the score is only valid for two years.
- Personal reference or letter of recommendation (PDF)
At the time of application, each applicant must supply contact information for a character recommendation.* If recommendation information is not provided or unavailable when filling out the application, the applicant can supply it at a later time or download the recommendation form and give it to the recommender to complete.
*The recommender must be a person who has observed the applicant’s character and/or spiritual development over a reasonable period of time. When possible, APU prefers recommendations from pastors or youth pastors/leaders. Alternatively, a recommendation from a coach, teacher, counselor, employer, or adult family friend is also acceptable.
- A bank statement or other official forms of documentation of financial support must accompany the financial statement and Affidavit of Financial Support (PDF) form.
- Please see tuition and fees.
- Copy of passport
- Nursing applicants
- Additional materials are required for nursing applicants. Refer to the BSN Admission page for further information.